Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy Halloween


Hello everyone! I haven't been on in a while and I wanted to say hello again. This Halloween has been so much fun. We had over 100 trick or treaters at our house! I think that's because our division is SO full of kids, and we live on the main street. It was crazy. There were so many that we couldn't even sit down the whole time. We just left the door open and kids just kept coming by. We gave out tons of candy. I LOVE seeing their little cute costumes. There was a little nemo girl that loved Bella and every time Bella got close to lick her, the little girl would just giggle! I gave her candy and she goes "Dank guu". We also had a little Cookie Monster and Elmo that were about 4 and had little eyeballs on top of their heads. They waddled up the porch and I just wanted to grab them and squeeze them!! Of course we had quite a few colts players, and one little boy looked like a real miniature player! He had the pads and tights and everything.


We've had a bet going on whose is the best. Let's be honest.....it's my boo!

Speaking of the Colts. GO COLTS. It's kind of funny to me that so many people keep asking me if I really miss it. Or they ask me why I quit, like I must be crazy. I really do not miss cheering. I miss the girls, cause I loved them...but I don't miss the schedule, and holding perfectly still on the sidelines while everyone else is sitting comfortably and going crazy. I definitely miss the game atmosphere, but I would rather be back in the stands. It was great during the time, but I know it was time to be done. I'm very content with going to the Super Bowl and my team winning it. I think that is a perfect last memory.

Things are going great right now. Ethan's job is good, and he just hired his own secretary to help out. I love my job in Broad Ripple. It's neat to see our commercials on TV at night. I've had several friends, close friends, find out they are pregnant. I am so happy for them, but at the same time it really makes me question if it's time for us. I like my life and my freedom, and don't feel ready for a kid. But at the same time, I would love to have children the same age as my friends. And I'm sure it would be amazing to love something so much. It would be cool to have our own family. As of right now, we are sticking to the 2 or 3 more years plan, but I just can't believe how many of my friends are having families!!

Please pray for the health of my family. It's really weird, but it seems like right now everyone is having health issues. Almost every day, someone in my family is going to the doctor. My grandpa just got diagnosed with cancer again and is struggling with trying to decide what procedure to do for it. He has a few options. My father just pulled his hamstring and may have severed the muscle, which requires surgery. He also just found out that his lungs are not functioning properly. My mom is getting tested for diabetes. And my grandma just finally scheduled a surgery date in December for knee replacements. She has been in so much pain that she really hasn't been able to walk for a couple of years.

Do you ever wonder what significance we have? I was wondering that the other day. I work in an office in Broad Ripple making TV commercials. What significance is that? What am I really doing for God? I had a great discussion with Ethan who put things into perspective for me and might for you too. We were created with a purpose...to love God and do His will. I think a lot of times we get so hung up in wanting to do something huge and amazing for Him. At least I do. Or thinking that we are special and are going to be used in this BIG way. But really, being used in a big way to God may not be the same big way to us. Our calling could be to be a janitor that loves the Lord and witnesses whenever possible. Billy Graham accepted the Lord because of a janitor. As humans, we think we need to be successful, but we may be called to something unsuccessful in the world's eyes, but still is something important in God's. Instead of spending so much time praying that God would use us in awesome ways, maybe we should just be praying for strength to be obedient with whatever we are called to do. If we do enough small tasks that show obedience, who knows, maybe one day we'll wake up and realize God really was using us for something great that we couldn't see or didn't realize at the time....

1 comment:

The Chinlund Family said...

Awesome thoughts Steph... your sweetness and honesty are such great qualities, I miss you hon, even though it's been how long since we've seen each other??? Too long, that's for sure :)