Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My lover, my friend


Well, I was sitting here tonight thinking about how long I've been with Ethan. Over 6 years. That's right...6 years!!! I just can't believe it. We hit our second wedding anniversary in Sept., and our wedding still feels like it was just a little while ago. Where does the time go?! That day was the most important and perfect day of my life. I was surrounded by so many loved ones that held a very special place in my heart. Each and every one contributing to who I am today in some way. I could never thank each of you enough for being there for my on my special day. I really feel that MY wedding was the most perfect wedding ever. I hope everyone feels that way about their own wedding. They should. I feel as if the heavens parted, and God shone his light down on us and blessed us so much that I can't even think of the day without crying. We cracked out the old wedding tapes again on this anniversary, and I always cry. I just can't help it. The whole thing was so emotional for me...

Ethan is amazing and I really can't believe that God made such a perfect soul-mate for me. He is such a loving and caring husband that deals with all of my faults day in and day out. We were just talking the other night about how a lot of people say the first few years of marriage are the hardest. And that sometimes they can be just miserable. We totally disagree!!! We have had an amazing two years and are happier and even more in love than when we were dating. Sometimes I wonder why God chose to bless me with such a wonderful man, who is sensitive to all of my needs and loves me for who I am. I think Ethan and I, and all of you who have a healthy marriage, are an encouragement to so many and we don't even realize it. I had someone ask me the other day, an old friend I hadn't seen in a while, if Ethan and I were still happy. I told them yes, SO MUCH SO, and they said good, there's still hope for me then.... Not only as Christians are we examples to the world, but we also can show the world what God meant marriage to be. The binding of three, you, him, and the Lord. A chord of three cannot be broken (that's in the bible somewhere).

For our first anniversary, we watched our wedding tapes, ate old stale cake (Ethan liked it), lit our unity candle, and relaxed all day together. We ate by candlelight, and then went to Sullivans (a really expensive steak place) for dinner. I think later on went to Chicago for a shopping trip. Our second year anniversary was fun. We ate a picnic in the park, took a walk on the canal where we got engaged at. We even sat on the bench where it happened. It gave me chills. He took to the Adam's Mark Restaurant, one of the nicest in town, and I had fillet minon. He got me all kinds of running gear since I'm attempting to continue racing (side note, I ran tonight in the bitter cold for the first time, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!). If you are wondering what the bump on Ethan's head is...it's from hitting himself with the car door accidentally!!! DON'T ASK, and don't you dare tell him I told!! :)

No comments: