Sunday, November 25, 2007

Super Bowl Ring


Hey there. Sorry, it's been a little while since I wrote on here! Well, we recently received our Super Bowl Rings and it was a fun and eventful night. We started by going to the Conrad downtown, which is one of the few 5 star hotels in the country. It is pretty amazing. I had never been inside. We had Hour deuvres (sp?) and wine and milled around visiting. It was SO great to see everyone!! It was a complete reunion. All of the girls came back, including ones from out of state. I forgot how fun it was to be with them! My girl Lauren was looking as beautiful as ever and told me all about her beautiful daughter Gracie. She is so cute and looking more and more like her mommy every day! I got to see my room mate from the Super Bowl, Heather, my love. She is a blast and it was SO fun to just hang out and be silly the whole time in Miami. The parties there were amazing, and it was such a breathtaking experience, that I'm glad I got to share it with a fun friend. We went all the way back to the Firebirds together. My girl Jessica was as silly as always, and everyone was looking gorgeous. The waiters treated us like we were worth a million bucks, even though we weren't. The food was amazing! They had perfectly cooked beef medallions and all kinds of finger food.

We were lucky enough to have our significant others with us. Ethan showed up and became my camera man for the night. The Pacers were playing the Lakers the next day, so the Lakers were there, and Ethan got to see them! He brags that he made eye contact with Kobe Bryant. Some of the girls were getting pictures with him. They had the Lombardi trophy there, and we took all kinds of picture with it! It's heavy!! Then they started the ceremony with a DVD show of the Super Bowl. It gave me chills just seeing the game and remembering the rain and just how special and amazing that experience was!! Thank you Lord for such a blessing. That whole time was so magical that I could never explain it to anyone. You just had to be there. I am so unworthy to be so blessed.

They called my name to come get my box, but we all had to wait to open it together, since none of us had seen how the ring looks. When we opened it, we couldn't believe how huge it was!! I kept thinking it would be a lot smaller, since it is the girl version. It still is really big. There are 19 diamonds on the top with a horseshoe. It says world champions around it. On one side it says Super Bowl XLI, Colts, Faith, and the score. On the other side it says my name and Our Time since that was the theme of our Super Bowl experience. I think it's neat and I really think a lot of Dungy to put Faith on the rings. Inscribed on the inside is my full name.

Here are a few pictures. There will be more to come!!

No comments: