Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Bye Bye Camping


Well, call us crazy, but 2 days after we had Bella, we decided to go on a camping adventure with some friends! We drove down to Turkey Run State Park and camped out in tents. Bella LOVED it. She doesn't do car rides well, so at first she was whimpering, but once we got there she had a blast.




She really is so good! She didn't cry or make a sound the whole time. She romped in the leaves and played with her piggie until it got sooo dirty!! She started to really come out of her shyness, and be herself. She is VERY playful.

One mistake I made though was to take her on a canoe trip. Well, I didn't realize that I would be rowing, since we were thinking that one more friend was going to show up and help out. Well, he didn't come, so I ended up rowing for 15 miles with Bella on my lap. Poor thing. At first she was scared to death! Anyway, toward the end, it was peaceful and she just slept. It was kind of relaxing. We saw a hawk that flew right by us, and some sort of muskrat thing in the water! There were really huge fish too. I believe that Ethan called them Gars since they had really long gross noses. HA.

When we got back, we sat around the campfire and ate s'mores and played games. It really was great to relax with good friends. Bella slept with all of us in the tent during the night, and I guess she decided to visit the other people, because she crawled over onto another guy and slept with him for a while!! Oh, and you are NOT going to believe this. Some raccoons opened her cage and got out her food. In order to open the cage, you have to pinch the springs together. I can't beleive that they were able to do that!! How tricky! What are they going to do next? Unzip our tents?? So, I heard them partying it up in the middle of the night, and it woke a couple more people up. Jessica was brave and went outside, scared them away, and rescued the food. Craziness.

So I guess our doggie will have to get used to our active lifestyle. We are an adventurous couple, and our dog (less than a week with us) has already been camping and canoeing. What will we do next?!!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I say take the dog skydiving!!!! ha!

Miss you guys. Good to see that all is well.

The Anderson's said...

Stephanie,
I know its been forever since I have seen or talked to ya, but I found your blog through another IWU blog. Looks like you and Ethan are having lots of fun with the new pup! I saw that you guys have been hanging out with Nick and Jill recently...did they move back to IN or are they still in IL? Jason and I just moved back from FL and its wonderful to be back home! I do miss the beautiful weather but family and friends are much more important!
*Leah Anderson