Friday, June 8, 2007

New Baby!!! Well...Puppy!! Same thing :)


I'm SOO excited! I just got the best birthday present ever! My little puppy. She's a beautiful little girl!! Her name is Bella Michael, since she is beautiful. She even has little pink blush on her cheeks. She's an apricot schnoodle and she will grow to be about 8 to 10 pounds full grown.

We had been calling all around for a puppy, and I couldn't decide what kind I wanted. I liked Yorkipoos, Bichon poos, Schnoodles, and Cockapoos. It was a really hard decision. I love poodles, since that's what I had growing up, and I knew that I wanted a small dog so I could carry it around everywhere. Well, the Cockapoos got too big (15 to 20 pounds). Mom has a bichon poo, and it seems to be a little too needy. She's a sweetheart, but I would feel bad being gone as much as Ethan and I are. I went to look at Yorkipoos on my birthday, but they aren't as cute as fluff balls. Their hair is more silky.


Sooo, yesterday we went to a place in Greentown to look at female schnoodles and I fell in love. They were sitting at a fence in the yard just looking at me when we pulled in!! There were three girls to choose from, and Bella walked right up to me and put her little paws up on my lap. She climbed up and was content to just sit there. When I looked at her little teddy bear face, she started licking me. She has such a sweet disposition. She looked the most like a teddy bear of all of them!

Her father is an apricot miniature poodle, and her mom is a silver miniature schnauzer, so she's an apricot silver color, if that makes sense. She looks just like the Boyd Bears that I used to collect! She was so sad to leave her family, and I felt so bad for her. She whimpered all the way home. When we got home, we got her to play with us in the yard and she was having fun. She caught on quickly how to play with a ball, and in this picture she is pouncing on a piggie. She likes it because it squeaks!

She's got a really fat belly and it's so cute! She woke me up at 5:30am, so I'm really sleepy. I looked like such a dork running around outside in my pajamas in the back yard with her. We ended up laying down together and looking up at the sky. What will the neighbors think?!

We are going camping this weekend with her, and I can't wait to see how she does. I hope she likes it! My sweet little Bella!

4 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

Awww, she's precious Steph! Getting a dog is a great step to take before having a baby, it makes the transition into parenthood a smoother one I do believe! Happy Birthday!

The Bontragers said...

Oh my goodness... STEPH!!! How awesome to find you through Katy's blog! I've loved reading about all you guys have been up to! Congrats on the new house and new little puppy :) I have to tell you that I was at a Colts game this year and actually got to see you cheer! But had no idea how I'd get to say "Hi". So exciting! Katy and Michelle inpsired me to start a blog one day about a year ago, so you can find us at timandsondra.blogspot.com

Happy late Birthday!

Veldman Photo said...

Awww.... great pick! Love the pooch... can't wait to meet her in person. :)

Stephanie said...

I couldn't imagine a more perfect puppy for you :)